Monday, February 13, 2012

Jason Whitlock Apologizes but Doesn't Delete the Jeremy Lin Tweet



I noticed that Jason Whitlock, the Fox Sports columnist "White people think I'm a RACIST" issued a public apology over the racist comment he made when tweeting about Jeremy Lin. I even saw his public apology to The Asian American Journalists Association @aajamediawatch. What I didn't see that he deleted the racist tweet. In fact days after he sent the tweet, and even after I sent him a message to hist Twitter account @whitlockjason, the tweet still appears on his Twitter page.

Jason, if you don't know how to remove a tweet, here are instructions:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18906-how-to-delete-a-tweet

Update: 2/20/2012 - I noticed this morning that Jason Whitlock's above tweet has finally been removed. Huh, did it take the 30 day suspension of Max Bretos (without pay) for Mr. Whitlock to take a minute or less to remove this tweet? Why did he leave it up for nearly 10 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment